Saturday, July 2, 2011

Where the Magic Happens

So I have to admit, I got a little emotional when I saw the Capitol Building up close. When I was in D.C. over a decade ago, they were restoring the dome and there was ugly scaffolding around the top. However, I got the full monty this time around.




A fountain and the House of Representatives.





Looking toward the Senate.


A close-up of the Senate.


This is the side that faces the Mall.


One of the highlights of my day was when I was looking at these statues and red flowers behind the Capitol building. There was a couple next to me speaking Spanish, and I heard a distinct "po" at the end of one of the sentences, which is a distinct Chileanismo. They saw me looking at them and asked if I wanted them to take their picture. I asked them if they were Chilean and they said yes and we chatted briefly. These kinds of connections are one of the reasons I love to travel!




The doofy picture of me my Chilean friends took.


I don't remember what these statues were.





No comments: