Saturday, July 2, 2011

All roads lead to the Capitol Building

My first weekend in D.C. brought lovely weather! The humidity was rather mild and there was a good breeze blowing. I decided to explore on Saturday. I dropped Bella off to get a haircut and decided to make my way toward the Capitol. Prettymuch the first street I came to, Pennsylvania Avenue, provided a direct path.

Looking down Pennsylvania Avenue toward my destination.
I like how this place is just packed with books, even covering all the windows!

On the way, I got some iced tea and a pastry and sat outdoors at a little cafe next to the Eastern Market, which, if you've been to Pike Place, is really not that big of a deal. Although the cafe was a nice place to relax, I was getting anxious to go do some real sight-seeing, so I didn't stay here very long.


The cafe with the tents of Eastern Market in the background.

Before checking out the Capitol Building, I decided to wander around outside the Supreme Court. It was just gorgeous and the weather made for some beautiful photos.


Here are some shots from my explorations of the Supreme Court building:











The Capitol Building as seen from the steps of the Supreme Court.

No comments: