Monday, July 25, 2011

Memorial Photoshoot Part IV: FDR and the sunset with TJ

Something happened to Chris and me after Korea; we came absolutely alive! Part of it was that it was starting to cool off a bit and part of it was the rejuvenation from our rest, but I think it was mostly how photographable everything is at and around the FDR memorial. Like Korea, it looks really cool at night, but I had more fun visiting FDR during the day...especially with Chris there to screw around with. We definitely took some silly pictures...there may even be a shot of one of us sitting on the poor man's lap! If it seems disrespectful in any way, I apologize.


The lack of a proper breeze which would have made the day much more pleasant made for some lovely pictures of the W. Monument from the Tidal Basin!





Silliness!

Standing in the bread line.

About this time, I started to have so much fun! I forgot how great it is to share travels with someone and to have a good friend nearby for new experiences. Sometimes, I am so used to doing so much by myself that I forget how awesome it is to have someone you love around to do stuff with. Chris helped me remember.


Profile shot of TJ!



Another pretty sunset from a memorial.

This memorial makes me want to visit Monticello.





We were tired again and had to rest here for a long time, so I have a lot of sunset pictures.






Getting all the way back to my apartment from the Jefferson Memorial was an amazing struggle. I was so wiped out and miserable and dirty. We got home after 9 and I know Chris was hoping I would be inspired to pull it together and go out, but I just couldn't. I hate disappointing him, but I really can't push myself like that anymore, to go all day and then also go out drinking two nights in a row. Chris and I are so opposite in that he's a night owl and I am an early bird, and that dynamic was a frequent challenge for us. Overall, though, I think we both enjoyed ourselves and considered our Saturday a success.

No comments: