Monday, July 25, 2011

Memorial Photoshoot Part III: Lincoln and Korea

We did not spend much time inside the Lincoln Memorial, because it was like a damn oven. Chris helped me see it from an entirely new angle, which led to some pictures from Lincoln's left-hand side. We spent about as much time as we could inside, then got the hell out of there and headed over to a refreshment stand, where we literally crashed out for what felt like forever; real time, half an hour. We drank water and I ate a snack and I met an Iraq vet who was complaining about how hot it was. Apparently, in Iraq the heat is so dry he doesn't really sweat, but he told me his skin gets the powdery salt of dry sweat on it. Moments later, I ran my hand through my hair and it got white powder all over it...the sweat had dried in my hair and come out as salt! This has got to be the grossest weather I have ever been in!

After refueling and resting, we visited the Korean War Veterans Memorial, which photographs better during the day but is better to experience at night.



Contemplating the wall.

I wish that damn picture-taking guy was not in the way! Does anyone know how to photoshop?

"Freedom is not free."

No comments: