Sunday, December 14, 2008

Felipssss turns 22!

I really wanted my host brother to have a good birthday. He turned 22 on September 25th, the weekend before our Ralco vacay. In typical gringo fashion, we celebrated by getting really drunk and making a huge racket. I was worried going into it, because no one really had a plan and Felipe was being very relaxed about the whole thing. So we bought some tequila and things got started at our house around 10 pm. It didn't take much for this to turn into one of the most crazy and fun nights of my life in Chillan! I think Felipe had a very good night and as the pictures reveal, so did the rest of us.

My favorite part of the night was that by the time Felipe's Chilean friends started showing up, the gringos had been drinking for several hours already and we were one huge collective mess. We spent most of the night dancing in the middle of the room while the Chileans sat in chairs around the edge and just watched us being ridiculous all night! It was a pretty funny event.

I just wanted to post a few of these pictures because from what I can tell it's how a lot of birthday parties go in Chile, and because the memories I have from this night are hilarious!

The rather tame first shot.

Alejandro and I are sad that we killed the first bottle of tequila.
The Wong is getting a little out of control!
Me, Ale, Steph, Stace and Jen, mid-dance party.
The birthday boy gets some lovin!
More madness.
Andrew makes an appearance!
A hot mess.

Happy Birthday Felipes!

1 comment:

Dear Diary said...

Felipe shares a birthday with Gail! Isn't that exciting? (I think so)