Monday, April 14, 2008

Vamos a la playa!

Some photos from my weekend at the beach; I will post my reflections soon, hopefully tomorrow!

My cousin´s daughter Stella, playing on the beach!
My cousin Andrew and Stella running from the waves.
Me and Stella in the wind.


Andrew and Stella at an asado at Ricardo and Pancha´s house (they are friends of Daniela and Andrew).



Uncle Paul, Ricardo, and Samuel (Daniela´s dad and an awesome tour guide!).


Cool buildings in downtown Valparaiso.

A gorgeous view of Valparaiso from the ascensor, which we went up in...it´s kind of like a wooden box on railroad tracks that goes up a steep hill. You sort of feel like you are going to die it it because it is so rickety. I managed to not take a picture of it, sorry!

More of the view, the small group of sky scrapers above the second ship from the left is where Vina del Mar starts.



Stella, Daniela and me outside our restaurant with a fake but cool shark.


Uncle Paul and me outside the restaurant, where I tasted my first Chilean sea bass (corvina), which was delicious (super rica!).



Sunset in Vina del Mar, so beautiful it almost hurt to stare at the sky.

Daniela´s parents Jimena and Samuel, who were so hospitable and gracious. I feel so lucky to know them!

No comments: