Monday, March 10, 2008

Reasons why today has been rough:

1. I finally checked my email this morning after a busy weekend, only to discover that before I start the Ministry training on March 22nd, I need to complete a 45-minute Spanish test and two lessons online. Here I am now, at nearly 11 p.m., waiting for a confirmation email so I can log in to the website. I'm tired, pissy, and I've cried a lot today. Is now really the best time to test my Spanish-speaking ability? I can tell you already what the test will reveal: I'm a beginner.

2. I had a really nice dinner with my dad tonight. On the way out of the restaurant, I dissolved into tears and cried so hard on the way home that I had to blow my nose into my sleeve. The sweatshirt in question is now in the wash machine.

3. My luggage still exceeds the weight limit, despite several rounds of packing. I love watching several hundred dollars worth of supplies get tossed in a box that may or may not be mailed to me at some point in the next year.

4. I ripped a hole in my brand-new duffel bag while trying to weigh it. After that, I decided to take a break from packing.

5. In approximately five hours, I will be on the way to the airport. This does not leave much time for sleeping. I really wanted to enjoy my last night in my own bed!

6. I am dreading struggling through airports with all my stuff for the next two days. I just want to be in Santiago. Please please please!

7. I don't want to say goodbye to my mommy.

Despite all of these setbacks, I'm almost ready to go.

Goodbye, USA! See you in one year!

No comments: